BSSID strangeness

Solved
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

BSSID strangeness

On my home/test network I have five SSIDs, but the AP radio profiles only allow certain to broadcast on each band.  Oddly the APs show that all SSIDs are broadcasting on all bands.  Here is the 6GHz band on a CW9166I where only Bungo is supposed to broadcast and being the only with WPA3, it should be the only one...

cmr_0-1725634809876.png

Is this how it is meant to work?

1 Accepted Solution

The BSSID details are found on an access point details page (Wireless > Monitor > Access points page, then select an access point from the page to view its details), in the "SSIDs" section on the left.

It is expected that all bands will show as enabled and broadcasting on the page if at least one band is broadcasting on the AP for a given SSID: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Access_Point_Status_Page

The BSSID details page does not reflect if the actual radio is enabled or not, as configured on the Wireless > Configure > Radio settings page. I would recommend using the "Give your feedback" button on the bottom right corner of the Dashboard page to request that a column be added to the BSSID details page that does accurately reflect the Radio settings page.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Haven't had time to test with either my MR33/MR36/9166 but is it only happening on the 6ghz band ?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nope, the SSID RoB is 2.4GHz only, but appears on all bands that the AP supports...

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That's weird. On what page are you seeing this ? I'm dummy I can't find it.

The BSSID details are found on an access point details page (Wireless > Monitor > Access points page, then select an access point from the page to view its details), in the "SSIDs" section on the left.

It is expected that all bands will show as enabled and broadcasting on the page if at least one band is broadcasting on the AP for a given SSID: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Access_Point_Status_Page

The BSSID details page does not reflect if the actual radio is enabled or not, as configured on the Wireless > Configure > Radio settings page. I would recommend using the "Give your feedback" button on the bottom right corner of the Dashboard page to request that a column be added to the BSSID details page that does accurately reflect the Radio settings page.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've given this as feedback 😎

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels