Assistance Needed for Optimizing WiFi Coverage in Large Home

AmirKhamis
New here

Assistance Needed for Optimizing WiFi Coverage in Large Home

I’m reaching out for your advice on selecting the best WiFi access points for my home. Currently, I have Ubiquiti gear with three access points connected via a Ubiquiti PoE switch, but I’m experiencing significant dead spots throughout the house. The home is quite large, and despite my current setup, the coverage is insufficient.

I’m looking for an ultra-high-performance solution that can provide robust WiFi coverage both inside and around the perimeter of the house. For example, I have three outdoor cameras that are struggling to maintain a stable connection, and unfortunately, I’m unable to install additional access points near these areas. Therefore, signal strength and range are my top priorities.

Since this is for home use, I’d greatly appreciate your recommendations on how to achieve better coverage using Meraki access points or any other solutions you think would fit my needs. I’m also available to discuss this over Webex if that would help. For reference, I work for Cisco.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, I’m looking forward to your insights.

Amir Khamis

1 Reply 1
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The UI APs are already known for a quite good coverage. A CW9166/CW9166D1 will give you much better service, but for coverage, there are more factors involved. But these two models will give you the maximum possible.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels