Actual connection status

Duijv023
Here to help

Actual connection status

Is it possible to see which client usues which WIFI protocol? 
I know Meraki does show what protocols a client is capable of, but I can't find where to see what protocol a client is actual using (802.11ac or 802.11ax)...

Greetings from Holland

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What will determine the client's actual data rate (bit rate) is the speed of the connection.

alemabrahao_0-1682433682070.png

alemabrahao_1-1682433811112.png

Take a look at this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005725/wireless/legacy-intel-wireless-pr...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

absolutely right, but in that way, I'll rephrase:
where does Meraki portal show the clients actual datarate (in a table, not as in individual client pages). 
Background: we have some clients with a new laptop who had to disable WIFI-6 options at home for their laptop to be able to access the home WIFI.

That raises us the the (crosscheck) questions: 

- does the laptop really use 802.11ax on our business networks (Meraki)

- does our Meraki Wireless networks really service 802.11ax clients? or are they operating at 802.11ac?

Unfortunately the Meraki dashboard is not able to show this information.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
AlbertT
Here to help

I know a Apple Mac can display this information directly, I use the dos command myself:

netsh wlan show interface

Another nice tool I use in Windows is https://optifi.com/

I know, but I would like to see it in the Meraki portal 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels