Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Access point in warning state with "AFC missing height configuration"

One of my CW9163Es has just started displaying the error: 

• AFC missing height configuration

cmr_0-1715283932122.png

The Meraki help just says this...

cmr_1-1715283981732.png

Has anyone else had this come up and know where to complete the missing AFC database information?

12 Replies 12
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Bear in mind that I am in the UK and as far as I can see AFC is an FCC controlled (US) thing..?

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thats why it's missing 😂

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I am not sure about the UK regulations. But are you already allowed to use 6GHz outdoors? And your RegDomain is setup correctly?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The first half of the 6GHz spectrum was approved in 2021, second half still being considered.  Reg domain is correct.  I know the Meraki APs weren't licensed for it a month or so ago, but do know they were working on it.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At least in Germany, the 6GHz approval is only for indoors with internal antennas. Here, we couldn't enable 6GHz on an outdoor AP.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Actually @KarstenI you might be right.  It looks to me like you can only have 25mW outside, whereas you can have 250mW inside...

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked with Meraki Support?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not yet, I am running r31 beta firmware, so it may be a new feature that is part implemented...

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@cmr I don't have any CW9163Es but there isn't a field on the dashboard to enter installation information for that model of AP?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nothing I can see, hoping someone else might have one and has found it!  I did try repositioning the AP on the map just now and will reply if it works.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have any firmware updates just happened?

I suspect there was a change in the back end, and this slipped out by accident.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Indeed, it might be as I'm on beta you don't see the changes.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels