Access Point compatibility with the region

Chalitha
Conversationalist

Access Point compatibility with the region

How might I check whether Cisco Meraki CW9166I-MR cloud management AP is compatible with my country Srilanka.

Need to find a verified proper document that indicates details regarding the regions in which this model is compatible.

I checked with the Wireless LAN Compliance Lookup tool and it shows only the below details which is not a cloud management AP as I know.image (2).png

My requirement is a cisco meraki CW9166 series cloud management AP which is compatible with my country.

Please advise if there is any other way to check this.

Thnks.

8 Replies 8
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you buy a Meraki AP the country code is not baked into the AP.  It will grab the country code from your network and surrounding Wi-Fi devices and then set the country code accordingly.  Alternatively you can also enable manual setting of the country code of a wireless Meraki network but you will have to click some disclaimers since you take the responsability for the correctness.

Chalitha
Conversationalist

That is the issue, I can't suggest a customer to buy that AP unless it isn't compatible with the region. 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the DNA version of the Access Point can be deployed in Sri Lanka (CW9166I-ROW) then the Meraki version can be used too.
So if you want a 100% guarantee the AP models can be sold then you should contact the local Cisco distributor directly.

The difference is as I said before that the Cisco DNA versions have to be bought with the regulatory area in the partnumber whilst the -MR version just enforces it through software.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The document covering what @GIdenJoe mentioned above https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/MR_Regulatory_Domains

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "Accept as Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Chalitha the CW9166I hardware is the same for both traditional Cisco (aironet) and Meraki deployments.  The APs can change personality from one to the other by user request.  Therefore from a regulatory and import point of view if the CW9166I is on the list then you should be okay.  I would get one first though, to be sure.

Chalitha
Conversationalist

is there any Cisco document that states what you mentioned to get verified

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Ryan_Miles gave you a link to such a document.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are not getting the answer you want I would speak to your Cisco account manager. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels