APs are sending Accounting-Stop directly after MAB authentication.

ArnoldD
Comes here often

APs are sending Accounting-Stop directly after MAB authentication.

My wireless APs are currently running 29.6.1.  On some of my networks, I've notice that my aps are sending Accounting-Stop much earlier than they are supposed to.  On my MAB ssid, I have a captive portal set up to send a disconnect request after successful login.  This is when I'm used to seeing Accounting-Stop (after Disconnect-Ack).  Since the stop is being sent too early, (directly after MAB authentication) my radius server assumes they have already disconnected, so it's not sending a disconnect to the AP.  

Has anyone seen this?  I have a ticket open, but I'm curious.

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the Portal external or is it from Meraki itself? If it is Meraki, how is the Splash frequency configured?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

It's external, hosted on Clearpass.  The SSID is configured for ISE authentication.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It doesn't seem like something at Meraki, I would open a ticket with Aruba to validate Clearpass and a ticket with Cisco to check ISE.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ArnoldD
Comes here often

Turns out that it's a known issue on 29.6.1, Meraki has suggested upgrading to 30.5.  Testing this today.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels