AP Enclosure

Solved
rodeddie
Comes here often

AP Enclosure

Hi,

I have a site with MR76 and they have the MA-ANT-20, and I'm looking for a recommended outdoor enclosure, 

Regards 

1 Accepted Solution
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

OK.    I think the general recommendation would be to try to put it somewhere well out of reach, rather than enclose it - the more sturdy an enclosure is, the more it will affect signal strength   OK - greater sturdiness doesn't necessarily equate to increased dB loss, but you take the point, I hope.    Definitely plastic rather than metal, anyway!

You could look to put the AP in an enclosure and cable to antennas outside - but that would mean different, more costly antennas - which would then not get the protection of the enclosure either.

They could use a cluster of MV cameras to keep an eye on the AP (and each other)...?    😁

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Why would they need an enclosure - these products are already outdoor rated...?

I agree, but this is more for theft or vandalism. 

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

OK.    I think the general recommendation would be to try to put it somewhere well out of reach, rather than enclose it - the more sturdy an enclosure is, the more it will affect signal strength   OK - greater sturdiness doesn't necessarily equate to increased dB loss, but you take the point, I hope.    Definitely plastic rather than metal, anyway!

You could look to put the AP in an enclosure and cable to antennas outside - but that would mean different, more costly antennas - which would then not get the protection of the enclosure either.

They could use a cluster of MV cameras to keep an eye on the AP (and each other)...?    😁

rodeddie
Comes here often

Thanks for the recommendation, 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've used plastic electrical enclosures before.  They are very tough, and a vandal would have to think twice before breaking into something that looks like it might contain electricity.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

KarstenI_0-1710443006691.gif

Good one. Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels