AI Channel Planning - What does it affect?

Solved
rmslp16
New here

AI Channel Planning - What does it affect?

I have a few questions about AI Channel Planning:

• If this is enabled, does it only affect APs with auto channels selected?
  • Does it change any settings on APs with manual power or channel settings?
  • Effectively does this only change the auto AF logic?
1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

AI Channel Planning affects all APs in the network, not just those with auto channels selected. It maintains a “channel avoid list” for individual APs in the network.

The feature doesn’t directly change settings on APs with manual power or channel settings. However, it does provide intelligent recommendations based on factors like recurring DFS events and frequently jammed channels.

Yes, AI Channel Planning effectively changes the auto AF logic. It makes the Auto RF feature more intelligent by learning your network trends and providing a more personalized and seamless wireless experience.

Take a look at the documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/AI_Powered_Auto_RF

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

AI Channel Planning affects all APs in the network, not just those with auto channels selected. It maintains a “channel avoid list” for individual APs in the network.

The feature doesn’t directly change settings on APs with manual power or channel settings. However, it does provide intelligent recommendations based on factors like recurring DFS events and frequently jammed channels.

Yes, AI Channel Planning effectively changes the auto AF logic. It makes the Auto RF feature more intelligent by learning your network trends and providing a more personalized and seamless wireless experience.

Take a look at the documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/AI_Powered_Auto_RF

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
rmslp16
New here

Excellent, thank you for the information!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels