6GHz not working

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

6GHz not working

I'm breaking this out as it has appeared as a comment in a number of other posts.

I don't seem to be able to get any SSIDs to broadcast on the 6GHz band on 30.6, 30.7, 31.1.3 and 31.1.4 

I have a CW9166I and two CW9163Es, I'm not expecting to see it on the Es as that isn't legal in the UK, but the I thinks that it is broadcasting, but Samsung, Apple and Google devices that all support 6e don't see anything.

I have created a dedicated SSID with WPA3-SAE to test with and it is invisible...

I've logged a ticket, but wondered if anyone else had got the above config working?

14 Replies 14
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have plenty of 6GHz on my 9166, running 31.1.3.

IMG_0470.jpeg

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

It running WPA3 entreprise transition.

IMG_0471.png

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Sorry, WPA3 only. Not transition mode.

rhbirkelund_0-1725730477948.png

My SSIDs in 6ghz are visible. Reg domain IC

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What have you set as the Flex Radio Selection on the RF profile? I think I had to change it from 5 to 6 GHz.

rhbirkelund_1-1725730585497.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

All set to 6GHz, but I'm using passphrase that might be the issue.  802.1x seems to consistently be reported as okay, but I haven't tried it yet.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The Emoji SSID, is in WPA3 Transition, but doesn't show up when in 6 Ghz only. If I enable it on 5 GHz aswell is shows up.

Disabinling  5 GHz again, but changing it to WPA3 only, makes it show up on 6GHz only.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Works as expected:

KarstenI_0-1725738754848.jpeg

But I also always have a 5 GHz SSID. IMO, it's too early to rely on PSCs only.

All Security types work as expected:

KarstenI_1-1725738980832.jpeg

And I am on v30.7

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Glad to know it should work with the settings I've got, hopefully support will find something!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

One other odd thing is the 9166 sees it's own 6GHz broadcast as a neighbour:

1000012216.jpg

As you can see 'Hallway AP' sees 'Hallway AP' as a neighbour.  This only happens on the 6GHz band.  Another point of note is that all APs on all channels show channel 0...

JustinV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Please follow-up in this thread regarding your solution with Support. We hope you're up and running again asap on the 6GHz deployment @cmr !

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @JustinV , at the moment the case is still sitting waiting for them to contact me, the case ID is 12164397 if you want/can take a look. 😊

JustinV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@cmr Those Channel 0 specs look like they're coming from the AP Neighbors page.
Just a quick heads-up that the Cisco Meraki AP Neighbors feature is currently in Early Access an is still being fine-tuned, so you might encounter a few bugs here and there. 

I've seen the same bug and have added Feedback as well. Thanks for reporting it cmr!

In the meantime, correlate between there and the Wireless > RF Spectrum page and/or the AP's page and Radio Settings displayed.

Between these, you've got that 6GHz channel and width information.

AP Settings.pngRF Spectrum.png

thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

So far I have only had the problem when creating a PSK/SAE transition mode SSID, 6Ghz does not show on those.

Dot1x transition mode SSIDs and "pure" WPA3 SSIDs it works as expected.

When I get back this weekend I can retry , re-verify because I also need to put up another CW91xx in my lab 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels