MG51 and 4G SIM Compatibility

Solved
IanH
Getting noticed

MG51 and 4G SIM Compatibility

Hi All,

I'm just looking at the Datasheet release for the MG51, however can't see if the model also takes 4G SIMS.

Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction please.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MG/MG_Datasheets/Page_TitleMG51%2F%2F51E_Technical_Specifications

Thanks

Ian 

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It should have to work with any SIM Nano (4FF).

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It should have to work with any SIM Nano (4FF).

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
IanH
Getting noticed

Found this:

From a SIM card format perspective, it's the same 4FF "nano" format SIM card (same size), the device does work on 4G band as well yes. Just like mobile phones, if you have 5G SIM+phone and there's no 5G in range it will fallback to 4G. If you’ve got a 5G device but only got a 4G SIM card, it will still provide signal and connectivity.

https://meraki.cisco.com/product-collateral/mg-cellular-gateways/?file

On the last line on the last page of this datasheet, there's a link to a detailed spreadsheet of Band compatibility – this will show everything in (a lot) of detail, per provider as well.

javalins
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The MG51/51E has an integrated CAT20 LTE modem for failback when 5G is not available, 4G/LTE SIMS will work fine as long as 4ff form factor as noted above.

Jamie

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.