how can i create a guest wireless user without an email?

SOLVED
josegura42
Here to help

how can i create a guest wireless user without an email?

Hi, the only way to create a guest user is with an email? my client only want a random password.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MacuserJim
A model citizen

The only two ways to give access to the dashboard are user accounts with an email address or SAML integration.

You could technically create a fake email and set up an account so they are signing in with the email you created as their username and a password. They would then be able to reset the password from what you set it as after they log into the dashboard.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MacuserJim
A model citizen

The only two ways to give access to the dashboard are user accounts with an email address or SAML integration.

You could technically create a fake email and set up an account so they are signing in with the email you created as their username and a password. They would then be able to reset the password from what you set it as after they log into the dashboard.

and with SAML integration i would need an email for authetication?

Likely yes. It would be integrating with another system which would almost certainly have emails tied to them.

thanks where i can find the documentation? do you have any link?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What you could do is configure the WiFi for pre-paid billing.  You can then pre-print the cards with have PIN numbers on them.  You can say that the PIN code expires after a set period of time.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Splash_Page/Configuring_a_Prepaid_Card_Billing_SSID

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels