Wireless Portal - Radius Auth - Change Splash "I forgot my password" link to custom URL?

SOLVED
TroyLowe
Just browsing

Wireless Portal - Radius Auth - Change Splash "I forgot my password" link to custom URL?

I have the splash page portal working with RADIUS authnetication fine, but I want to change the existing "I forgot my password" link to go to our service's reset page. I copied the Modern theme to customize it, but there isn't an obvious way to hide the current reset password link or change it to my own.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's embedded in the $MERAKI:MODERN_AUTH_ALREADY_HAVE_ACCOUNT_SIGN_IN_HERE_FORM$ token. But you won't be able to separate the forgot password link from "Sign in" button as that is in there too.

You can hide the link with CSS though:

#forgot_password {
  display: none;
}

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Click on the pencil on the right hand side to be able to edit the raw pages.

1.PNG

Yes I'm looking at the code, but there isn't anything that looks like the link. It is tokenized and I don't find these tokens in the documentation.  Which token represents the "I forgot my password" link so that I can remove it and put my own, while keeping the authentication functionality that does work?

download.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know.  Have you checked the other pages?

It's embedded in the $MERAKI:MODERN_AUTH_ALREADY_HAVE_ACCOUNT_SIGN_IN_HERE_FORM$ token. But you won't be able to separate the forgot password link from "Sign in" button as that is in there too.

You can hide the link with CSS though:

#forgot_password {
}

That's perfect, thank you!

Sorry to bump such an old post, but I am trying to do the same thing and the above code is not working. I have tried editing the "auth.html" file and have tried putting the CSS above and below the $MERAKI:MODERN_AUTH_ALREADY_HAVE_ACCOUNT_SIGN_IN_HERE_FORM$ line as well as at the top and bottom of the file, and also the tried several places within "main.css" but still the forgot password link is shown. Does the CSS need to be added to a specific place or perhaps can this no longer be done?

I placed it at the very end of main.css and it worked immediately. 

Maybe try making a copy of a different theme and then editing that. I don't remember which theme I cloned.

I took another look and figured it out. The name of the property has changed.

It is now:

#signin_form #forgot_password {
}

In my case, that was already in the CSS file but it said "display: inline" so I changed "inline" to "none" that worked!

I put it right after:

#forgot_password a:hover,
.form_links a:hover {
color: #0876BD;
}

Works like a charm! TNX!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels