Wifi not accepting passwords


Wifi not accepting passwords

The wifi has been working fine for a few months or so now but all of a sudden alot of our users are having issues connecting to our internal and guest networks. I have tried on apple devices as well as android devices but they both keep erroring ut saying the wrong password was entered. I have checked the settings for both SSID's and re-typed it multiple times and get the same error. I have tried restarting the AP, checked port configs and connectivity, forgetting the network and re-adding, but nothing seems to work. The few times I was able to connect to the internal one and the splash page for my ad credentials popped up it would disappear before I had time to type my credentials in. Anyone else experienced these types of issues?

Kind of a big deal

If you are using AD authentication maybe there is a connectivity issue to your server?  

Getting noticed

i would start by looking at AD, and the logs.


what is the password policy ? have their passwords expired due to not being changed ?


Can the AP's still talk to the AD server ? there are many things that could be at play.

Comes here often

Hi Gregpi,


You have mentioned "sudden alot of our users are having issues'. Does that mean other users are working fine with same password? If not, I would first try changing the password and test.


Next in order to rule out device specific issue, I will test by creating a test SSID without password and connect, to confirm whether or not there is any device specific issue.

New here

Sometimes wireless cards get stuck or experience a minor problem that means they won't connect. Try turning the card off and then on again to reset it - see Wireless network troubleshooter for more information. When prompted for your wireless security password, you can choose which type of wireless security to use.


I am having this same issue.   Guest users at a hotel surfing just fine then they get kicked off.   When it tries to reconnect the get password error.   They have to "forget network" and re-add it.   Then it works for a while again.


In my setup, the issue was that my password had changed that was being used to authenticate users with our AD server. I hadn't updated the password in the dashboard that Meraki uses to verify/authenticate with our server. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.