Ventev External Antenna

SOLVED
MMoss
Building a reputation

Ventev External Antenna

I'm looking for an external antenna I can conceal in the ceiling or wall. Ventev has a few options, but they only have 4 or 6 led models and I'm looking at the MR42E which has 5. Will this cause and issue? In addition to external antenna's what is the best option to conceal the AP itself with only the 3ft cable? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

You'll need to get the 6-lead option from Ventev, and you'll just have one 'loose' cable hanging. It won't cause any issues, I do this now on MR42E with Acceltex antennas for warehouse aisles with great success.

Can't really help with the hiding part, other than just make sure the AP isn't visible, and only the antenna itself is 'seen'. Everything else should be behind the ceiling/wall etc.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

You'll need to get the 6-lead option from Ventev, and you'll just have one 'loose' cable hanging. It won't cause any issues, I do this now on MR42E with Acceltex antennas for warehouse aisles with great success.

Can't really help with the hiding part, other than just make sure the AP isn't visible, and only the antenna itself is 'seen'. Everything else should be behind the ceiling/wall etc.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you thought about using a cover on the AP to hide it?

https://coverandhyde.com/ 

MMoss
Building a reputation

@NolanHerring Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know

@PhilipDAth Not a bad idea, but this is a home for our companies owner. Aesthetics are important, but a cover still clashes with the decor. Not nearly as bad as an exposed AP of course. 

Fortunately we were going to light the place up and rewire, but his expectations were different than what I was initially given from my boss. He were going for complete coverage and he's of the mind to just throw them in closets because his current setup just needs updated and a few holes plugged more than anything haha.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels