This device is using a DHCP IP address from VLAN 0 instead of using configured VLAN 1

Solved
ChrisL2021
Getting noticed

This device is using a DHCP IP address from VLAN 0 instead of using configured VLAN 1

Hi there,

I have this error on my MR on meraki dashboard:

"This device is using a DHCP IP address from VLAN 0 instead of using configured VLAN 1"

How do I set the native vlan to vlan 1? I only configure vlan 1 for DHCP.

How do i resolve this issue?

1 Accepted Solution
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have a switchport with native vlan 1. Then leave  the vlan field of the ap management empty

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Here.

alemabrahao_0-1684584997699.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/VLAN_Tagging_on_MR_Access_Points

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi,

No it didn't help to solve the issue

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have a switchport with native vlan 1. Then leave  the vlan field of the ap management empty

Open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ChrisL2021
Getting noticed

HI all, 

With Meraki support's advice, I managed to solve the issue.

Wireless > Access Point, on AP's LAN IP tab, set the type to "DHCP" and the important part is to leave the "VLAN" field empty!! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels