The MR52 lose connection with the dashboard

SupportGNS
Just browsing

The MR52 lose connection with the dashboard

Good morning to all, The APs are working and the clients can connect to the irradiated SSIDs, navigate, access without problem to the Internet, but the APs appear dropped on the dashboard, they look red on the dashboard, although physically their LED indicator is green. What can it be? Has someone lived the same experience? What is the solution? Is an RMA required?
7 Replies 7
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Multiple APs in your environment are doing this at the same time or just one?  Typically if the AP can't reach the internet it'll still serve its SSIDs and pass traffic.  Would also be worth checking what you have set at your APs management interface.  Is it getting DHCP or static.  What is it using for DNS. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Good morning Adam, Thanks for answering. I explain: Currently we have 55 AP MR52 of which only 6 have the aforementioned behavior. The other 49 APs work correctly with the same configuration in all APs. We have LACP configured for each AP, the ports are in native vlan 1 and DHCP is labeled an administration vlan (410) Last week everyone was working, but without traffic. But this week when there was already a lot of traffic (connected clients), this behavior appeared. Those 6 APs appear in red on the board, but physically the LED is green and you can navigate, access the internet. I do not know why this happens and I appreciate the help you can give me.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Can you try cycling the port on the switch where those 6 APs are connected?  That won't get to the root of the issue but could bring them back online and checking in to the dashboard so we'd have more visibility.  Also worth seeing what the switch port displays.  Can you ping the APs?

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Good Morning, When I ping those six APs from the dashboard they are unreachable. I have also tried doing a cycle port but the result is the same, APs still appear in red, although as I mentioned ... Clients can connect to the SSID irradiated in those APs and navigate, access the internet, etc. The ports in the SW are configured in portchannel for each AP, running at 2 Gbps, with native vlan 1 and allowing the passage of all the vlan. The administration vlan is labeled in the AP. The other APs, which are 49, are configured in the same way and do not present the problem. on the dashboard appears "Unreachable" and "Unavailable because access point is offline"
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Are all of these AP's on the same physical switch? Are there other AP's on the same switch not having the issue? 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

good morning 3 APs are a SW and the other 3 are in another SW, both SW belong to the same stack, which is formed by 5 SW. Some APs are also connected to those SW and they have no problem.
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried a factory reset on any of the problem AP's? Have you verified the LACP status of the portchannels?

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels