Switching SSID's

JohnF5
Just browsing

Switching SSID's

Hi All,

I'm in the process of turning up a new SSID with the same setting as the old one. This SSID utilizes VLAN 20. The only change is the name of the SSID and the key. When the old SSID is disabled at night and the new one turned on clients have a hard time connecting the next day and get DHCP issues. Could this be caused by layer 3 roaming and anchors? 

9 Replies 9
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

What is the config of the Client IP Assignment section of the old and new SSIDs?

Layer 3 Roaming for both.

Distributed L3 Roaming or L3 Roaming with a Concentrator?That will dictate where to start looking if it is the second option involving a MX.

Is VLAN 20 present on the switchports connecting to the APs? You have APs in various areas tagged and then mapped to VLANs based on location in the VLAN ID section below the L3 area of the SSID page? Maybe post a screenshot.

Straight up L3 Roaming no Concentrator. The old SSID is on VLAN 20 and operating normally so I know all my tags are correct. 

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is "having a hard time"? Did it work after some time or didn't it work at all?

We're unable to pinpoint a resolution. My network admin will go in and delete the reservation for the device and sometimes that will work. Sometimes he has to go in and tell it to forget the network and then rejoin it. Sometimes none of these tactics work. 

Have you opened a Support case?

I have not yet. I was seeing if anyone in the community had an answer first. 

Gotcha. It's far easier when Support or us TSAs can see the full config in the dashboard. I'd open a case.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels