Splash page does not pop up on IOS (Apple) devices automatically

Fan_G
New here

Splash page does not pop up on IOS (Apple) devices automatically

Hello everyone 

I configured my guest Wi-Fi use Meraki Splash page , however, when Apple device connected , the splash page does not pop up automatically , It works on Android and Windows .

anyone has same problem and get it works ?

5 Replies 5
TheoG
Conversationalist

I've had this issue for awhile, if you go to Settings, Wifi you will get a refreshing symbol and then the splash will come up sometimes I used to have to shut off/on wifi but I haven't had to do that in awhile.  It happens on Androids as well but far less often.

Kevin_GORR
Conversationalist

I have seen the same as TheoG: open the wifi settings and it will pop up. Alternatively, you can try browsing to a http web page and it should redirect you.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Here the splash page comes up when you choose an web page you didn´t used before.

We think previous used web pages are in the browser cache and lead to not upcoming splash page.

Fan_G
New here

when you first connect to guest Wi-Fi , If it is Android or Windows PC, The splash page pop up automatically without go to any website, but Apple device doesn't . I expect splash page can work same on Apple device 

Actually, apple devices try to reach out to captive.apple.com once you connect to a WiFi network, which automatically creates a HTTP GET request and therefore your splash page should kick-in. If this doesn't happen, it might be due to several reasons such as a firewall blocking access to that page or similar. I suggest you take a pcap and check what's happening when you client associates to a SSID.
Sameh Sackla - Cisco Meraki
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels