Re-enabling expired user accounts

SOLVED
Dave-Ess
Conversationalist

Re-enabling expired user accounts

Hi,

I've created an associate SSID, the main purpose is for staff to have the ability to use their smart phones or tablets in breakout or canteen areas.

They request/create an account through the splash page and the request sits waiting approval until a local site engineer checks the dashboard and approves the request.

The engineer sets the expiry, the staff member then gets the email saying they are good to go.

Problem is when the account expires, there is no way I know of or can find that would allow the staff member to re-enable or reactivate their account within the tools of the current dashboard or getting someone to program a custom/bespoke splash screen.

The staff person only option would be to reach out to the local site engineer via email requesting that their account is re-enabled.

is there anything I've missed?

Cheers

Dave 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could you use sponsored guest instead?  Note you have to open a ticket with support to enable this.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Sponsored_Guest

Potentially the request for access emails could go to a reception/admin person who is always there, rather than an IT person?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GuilhermeMacedo
Getting noticed

Hi @Dave-Ess

unfortunly you need to request a new window of access to guest ambassador or some one who knows him.  

hope this help!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could you use sponsored guest instead?  Note you have to open a ticket with support to enable this.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Sponsored_Guest

Potentially the request for access emails could go to a reception/admin person who is always there, rather than an IT person?

Hi,

The sponsor option fits the bill for what I'm after, thank you for pointing it out, but there is one gotcha that if it was possible would make it perfect.

If there was a way to customize the text in all or just the first screen that is shown to users. I need a away to be able to add my companies legal verbiage in the same way you can customize a splash page.

Dave-Ess
Conversationalist

Replying to my own email, I realized that the splash page does indeed take effect in exactly the way I required it to.

Thanks very much for the assist.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels