Network Location

ctalavat
Comes here often

Network Location

I have "3 APs detected outside enforced network country" and the detected country is AU.  I have tried the Override APs to match network and Revert network to auto-detection without success.  I live in the United States and I have changed the local time zine and Country/Region also.  I'm not sure what else I can do.

10 Replies 10
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Open a Support case and they will help you

I will.  Thank you.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are the AP's located in AU or the US? Were they purchased in one country and shipped to another? 

They are located in the US and they were purchased in the US.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are the access points turned on? You can only change it if they are on.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/MR_Regulatory_Domains_(Legacy_Version)#World_Wide...)

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes, they are turned on and showing a solid orange light.

Static orange:
A static orange color on your Meraki access point indicates that your device is booting up. This indicates that it is receiving power from the adapter but is ready to begin working.

Solid green light:
A green LED light indicates that your AP is ready for connection. It is fully operational, and you can now connect your devices to it.

If it's solid orange, it means there's a problem and it's not fully operational.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

I understand the solid orange portion and will have to take a look at that issue also.  I'm more concerned about the network location issue I still have going on.

What I mean is it needs to be 100% operational so that you can change the regulatory domain, which is not your case at the moment.

One thing you can try is to create a new network in the correct regulatory domain, move one of the APs to that network and validate if the problem persists. A few years ago this was one of the easiest workarounds.

I have a MR34 AP I will hook up and see if that takes.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels