MS250 can't configure layer 3 settings

Solved
Qubus
Here to help

MS250 can't configure layer 3 settings

Hi all,

I'm new to the Meraki hardware and so far i'm really pleased with how it works and how fast you can configure the devices. But I have a problem with configuring 2 MS250 switches that i want to enable for Layer 3.

I will explain everything i did so you have a clear picture of the setup.

To configure the switches I booted them both up with a network cable in both of them, and i saw they were recognised in the Meraki portal.

Then I powered them off and removed the network cable from only the 2nd switch.

Then i plugged in the stacking cables in both of them.

From switch 1 port 1 to switch 2 port 2, and from switch 1 port 2 to switch 2 port 1.

Now they booted up and I configured the stack, so time to configure the layer 3 settings.

I open a switch and click in the left bottom corner the link "Configure layer 3 settings".

The message i receive is "You don't have any interfaces or static routes configured

Create an interface to configure layer 3 settings on your switch".

So i click on "Create Interface" but then i see the error message "view failed to load".

I receive this message on both switches.

I tested in Chrome, Edge and FireFox but in all browsers i receive this message.

There is a firmware upgrade available (current firmware 11.27, new firmware is 12.17), but we already have some Meraki devices currently in production so i cant upgrade the firmware at this moment.

The error message doesnt give me a clear explanation why it cant show the requested view.

Did I skipped a step? Did i made a mistake somewhere above? Is it an error in the current firmware?

If im correct, you cant upgrade the firmware of individual devices, only the whole network.

Is there a workaround for this?

Kind regards,

Niels

1 Accepted Solution
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The view failed to load does sometimes rear it's ugly head in certain configurations.

You should first try to do the same with another browser.
If that does not help, then try another dashboard admin account.

Or maybe try to get to the same page another way.
If  you would go to switch -> switchstacks you should have a link on the stack page to edit the L3 interfaces.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The view failed to load does sometimes rear it's ugly head in certain configurations.

You should first try to do the same with another browser.
If that does not help, then try another dashboard admin account.

Or maybe try to get to the same page another way.
If  you would go to switch -> switchstacks you should have a link on the stack page to edit the L3 interfaces.

merakichamp
Building a reputation

@Qubus  try to configure L3 routing on routing and DHCP tab  that is where you start 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>So i click on "Create Interface" but then i see the error message "view failed to load".

That old chestnut.  It's a real pain when it happens.  Been happening mostly in the last month or so.

Often when it happens you have no choice but to figure out a different way of doing it, or wait a day or two.

Yeah I noticed, but luckily there is another way.

I went to to switch -> switchstacks and over there you can create the L3 interfaces.

Thank you all for your help, much appreciated!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels