MR86 + MA-MNT-27 - Mesh

SOLVED
jeanIoa
Comes here often

MR86 + MA-MNT-27 - Mesh

Hi,

I plan to use 2 X MR86 + MA-MNT-27 (2X) to make a link between 2 buildings in mesh. The question is the following:

- on one of the building (very small +/- 25m2) I plan to have a local AP (MR30H) - so I will have the MR86 connected to the MR30H. There is no switch on this building - Do you think I will need this MR30H or with the MR86 I will have the link to the other building and the local coverage ??

Txs

Jean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Answering that question would be a stab in the dark but I would say that the MR86 alone probably isn't enough as the antennae will be facing towards the other MR86, and therefore away from the coverage area.

Also to keep in mind also that using multihop mesh will see considerable performance impact

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Answering that question would be a stab in the dark but I would say that the MR86 alone probably isn't enough as the antennae will be facing towards the other MR86, and therefore away from the coverage area.

Also to keep in mind also that using multihop mesh will see considerable performance impact

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Also:  you will need a pair of ANT-27s for EACH MR86.

jeanIoa
Comes here often

thank you

SteveScarr
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Jeanloa,

why not use 2 x MR76s to create the MESH link..as you have dedicated antenna posts for both 2.4 & 5GHz. You could, for example, use the 2.4GHz radio on each AP to create the MESH link using patch antennas. This leaves the 5GHz antenna posts to provide local WiFI services. If the coverage isn't sufficient inside the building, then you could use longer antenna cables to locate the 5GHz antennas inside the building.

this could be also a good idea - I think that I will take this one - txs

No problem @jeanIoa 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels