MR76 antennas included?

SOLVED
Jorge_Garcia
Conversationalist

MR76 antennas included?

Does anyone know if buying a MR76-HW comes with antennas included or if they have to buy separately?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Jorge_Garcia : antennas will be excluded and you need to purchase separately

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Jorge_Garcia : antennas will be excluded and you need to purchase separately

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Inderdeep is right;  you will need to purchase separately.

Available options listed under Antenna in the Specifications section of the datasheet: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Overview_and_Specifications/MR76_Datasheet

The obvious starting point would be two sets of MA-ANT-20 (they are purchased in pairs), but that would deliver omni-directional coverage, in both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.   You may be looking for something more tailored / derectional for your specific coverage needs.

Thank you very much, I am looking for omnidirectional antennas and I think that with the MA-ANT-20 they fulfill perfectly. Another question, are you telling me that I should only add 2 MA-ANT-20 antennas because they come in pairs? Or should I add 4 antennas to my quote?

Greetings.

@Jorge_Garcia : MA-ANT-20 are Dual Band Omni Antenna and comes in set of 2. so they can and should be used on all 4 ports of the MR76. 

Note that when you order ANT-20 there are 2 physical dual-band antennas in the box, they come in pairs.  So for any dual band AP like MR72/74/76 you would order 2 ANT-20 which would get you 2 pair, 4 physical antennas for the 4 physical ports.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Installation_Guides/MR76_Installation_Guide

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com

Just to be clear;    with MR76 you could use different antenna types, to provide different coverage areas for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, because each radio has its own pair of antenna posts.   That is a fairly unusual requirement though - but I have seen it, occasionally with (say) wireless mesh;  directional antenna on one radio (2 posts), in one band, for the backhaul, with (say) ANT-20s for local clients on the other radio.  In that case the client connectivity would, essentially be in a single band only.

This differs markedly from MR86, where all 4 posts are connected to BOTH radios;   for which the connected antennas must be dual-band and must cover the same area.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels