MR57 dropping connection after 2 minutes

PickNetAdmin
Comes here often

MR57 dropping connection after 2 minutes

I have an MR57 AP connected to our Catalyst 9200L. When staff is using their MacBooks, they stay connected for about 2 minutes, then the connection is dropped. Once it's dropped, it does not connect to ANY other APs until it is manually selected in the WiFi menu. We have MR42 and MR52 APs connected to that same switch and they are not having this issue. LLDP is enabled and power delivery is no issue, so I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: My iPhone has stayed connected to the AP the entire test and so on (confirmed via my.meraki.com) I'm unsure about any other devices outside of those two.

7 REPLIES 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have any restriction configured on your SSID? What type of athentication are you using? Can you show the SSID configuration?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Is there anything specific to look for? The same SSID is on every other AP in the building which have no issues. Would there be a setting somewhere that conflicts with the MR57?

Although it is not a good practice to have different AP models in the same environment, I believe this is not the problem.

What firmware version are you running?
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check the Meraki wireless event log.  Anything interesting?  Does it say clients are being disconnected and is a reason given?

Try disabling client load balancing in the radio profile (under radio settings).  If this makes no difference, turn it back on again.

PhilipDAth_0-1684355661027.png

PickNetAdmin
Comes here often

UPDATE:

Other SSIDs (pointing to different VLANs) that are assigned to the APs work with no issues. I created a test SSID pointing to the same VLAN as the problem SSID, no issues there either. I'm thinking it may be something with that specific SSID.

I asked you you about the configuration, but you did not send me the screen shot. 

😅

My mistake... here's the current config for that SSID   

Access Control 2 - Meraki Dashboard_Page_1.jpg

Access Control 2 - Meraki Dashboard_Page_2.jpg

Access Control 2 - Meraki Dashboard_Page_3.jpg

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels