MR33 Autonegotiation - Ethernet 100 Mbps (full duplex) rather than 1000 Mbps (full duplex)

daneel_olivaw
Just browsing

MR33 Autonegotiation - Ethernet 100 Mbps (full duplex) rather than 1000 Mbps (full duplex)

Hi,

I have a problem with the Ethernet interface in my MR33.

It seems that it works only at 100 Mbps full. It should work at 1000 Mbps full duplex.

I tried with different Ethernet cables (cat5 cat6 cat7) and with different Gigabit Ethernet Switch on the other side but it still works at 100 rather than 1000.

When I try to unplug and plug again sometimes it actually starts at 1000 Mbps full but after 1 or 2 minutes it comes back to 100 Mbps full.

Any Idea how to fix it?

Thank ypu

9 REPLIES 9
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you plug another device into the same switch port with the same cable does it stay at 1Gb?

How long is the cable?

Another device, same cable, same switch port, works at 1000 Mbps full.

I tried with 0.5 m, 1 m, 2m cable

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have other Mr33’s to test with? Are they showing the same behaviour?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Unfortunately I don't have any other mr33...

Where are you seeing the status that it’s running at 100mbps? On the switch or the AP itself? Seen it in the past where I’ve hovered over the switchport in the dashboard which reports 100mbps but when I went directly to the AP it was showing connected at 1Gbps

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

On both sides the speed is 100 Mbps, with autonegotiation enabled

Reach out to Meraki support and ask for an RMA. Could be a faulty device

I have the same problem om 3 different AP's.
I changed the cables etc. Sometimes in the dashboard I see 1000 Mbps but most of the time 100 Mbps.
When I connect the Cat6 cable to my PC it is always 1000 Mbps

Maybe it's mij POE switch which is a DLInk DGS1100 8ports 1000Gbps

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Edward100 is it a straight patch cable from AP to switch, or does it go through structured cabling?  Either way if you connect a different (preferably PoE) device via the same cabling to the same switch port, what does it run at.

We have some APs that move between 1Gb, 100Mb and even repeater and we have found that it is invariably a cable issue and usually a batch of CAT7 cables we got off Amazon that are just not up to standard, most have now been retired to non-PoE connections where they work fine.

PoE does put extra demands on the cabling and connectors so make sure all the contacts are clean. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels