MAC Address Whitelist for Layer 2 Isolation

SOLVED
MichelRueger
Building a reputation

MAC Address Whitelist for Layer 2 Isolation

Hi All,

We have a Meraki WLAN Guest SSID going into a Bridge VLAN, on Meraki Switch, true a Meraki Firewall into the Internet. As it is a Guest VLAN we activated the Layer 2 Isolation. now we need to Whitelist 1. MAC Address witch should be Accessible to all Guest in this Network.

I am happy about any idea how to to this.

Regards Michel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I have complained that the L2 LAN Isolation feature is all or none. I ran into the same issue you are having, where I only need a single client to be able to do some L2 stuff, but couldn't. Ended up having to either allow L2 or create a new SSID for just that client. Not optimal in either solution.

Make a Wish is the only thing you can do at this point. Hopefully the more of us that do it, the more they notice that they need to fix the original implementation.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can do this with the mr l3 firewall based on ip.  Not with the l2 isolation, as far as i know.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I have complained that the L2 LAN Isolation feature is all or none. I ran into the same issue you are having, where I only need a single client to be able to do some L2 stuff, but couldn't. Ended up having to either allow L2 or create a new SSID for just that client. Not optimal in either solution.

Make a Wish is the only thing you can do at this point. Hopefully the more of us that do it, the more they notice that they need to fix the original implementation.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels