How to find and disable overrides ?

SOLVED
MarkAyash-1
Here to help

How to find and disable overrides ?

I am new to this company and on the profiles is says

New Basic Indoor Profile
Applied to 104 APs. Overrides applied to 104/104 of these APs.

I have been searching and can't find a good explanation on where that is set and why..

I am still learning Meraki but hoping someone here can help or give me a hint 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like the previous admin has made bulk overrides to the RF settings for your AP's.

Under wireless -> RF settings you can see/change the profile used by your AP's. You. An also override some of these settings by selecting the AP's and clicking "Edit Settings" -> "Bulk edit settings..."

My guess is that they've manually overridden channel assignment or power. 90% of the time these settings take care of themselves on auto but in some circumstances these can be manually tuned for better performance.

You can clear overrides by re-assigning the profile to the AP. Select the AP -> edit settings -> assign profile, select the profile and on the next page, check the boxes for clear overrides. The review page that follows it will then tell you the changes it's about to make.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like the previous admin has made bulk overrides to the RF settings for your AP's.

Under wireless -> RF settings you can see/change the profile used by your AP's. You. An also override some of these settings by selecting the AP's and clicking "Edit Settings" -> "Bulk edit settings..."

My guess is that they've manually overridden channel assignment or power. 90% of the time these settings take care of themselves on auto but in some circumstances these can be manually tuned for better performance.

You can clear overrides by re-assigning the profile to the AP. Select the AP -> edit settings -> assign profile, select the profile and on the next page, check the boxes for clear overrides. The review page that follows it will then tell you the changes it's about to make.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Or they forced a setting on each ap manually. (Channel, channel width, power)

Or if they changed something in the profile itself, for example : 5 Ghz Channel width: from auto -> manual 20 or 40Mhz(Most Likely with 104 ap). Then its also called overide.

MarkAyash-1
Here to help

I will go in and apply the basic profile to all and tell it to clear the overrides. So many things I found wrong who knows what they did!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels