Experience using EnableIT PoE Extenders on Meraki networks

SOLVED
esi2randy
Here to help

Experience using EnableIT PoE Extenders on Meraki networks

We have a Customer site that we must replace the Outreach PoE extenders that were incorrectly spec’d for the site originally with ones that are IP68 rated.  We found a USA Manufacture, EnableIT and it seems their PoE Extenders are both IP68 rated and are what we need.  However, we know that not all PoE devices inter operate on a Meraki network and was wondering if anyone has experience with any of the EnableIT products (specifically we are looking at their 828WP and 828w PoE Extender models.

Thanks!

Randy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I wish Cisco-Meraki made a PoE for severe environments (Temps inside Lighting Standards in Texas in the Summer can reach +130 degrees F.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Adam
Kind of a big deal

If interoperability is your primary concern why not get Meraki's POE injectors? MA-INJ-4-US

Edit:  Actually looks like the devices you are using are waterproof, I assume an outdoor use case?

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

I wish Cisco-Meraki made a PoE for severe environments (Temps inside Lighting Standards in Texas in the Summer can reach +130 degrees F.

Our company now has over a year of experience using these EnableIT PoE injectors in an extremely harsh environments and they have performed flawlessly.  We highly recommend them.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't comment on these specific devices.

Generally you want to avoid plugging in a PoE injector to a PoE port.  Some devices get confused when they go to negotiate PoE and get a pair of responses (from the PoE injector and the PoE switch).  So if you can, plug the PoE injector into a non-PoE Meraki switch.

These days I have found most devices seem to cope now with a PoE injector in a PoE port - but because of past prior experiences I just never go there these days.

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

I've successfully used a few of their devices to extend PoE on very long (out of spec) ethernet runs supporting MR devices. We did have one that just up and died completely which was a bit frustrating. We had to purchase a replacement (at a discount) when EnableIT claimed there was water damage to the device. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels