Clients not choosing correct policies

SOLVED
Sweeks
Here to help

Clients not choosing correct policies

Hi all,

I have multiple networks broadcasting 2 SSIDs.  1 SSID has a few policy rules assigned.  However, clients are now starting to connect using a "Custom" policy and do not adhere to the firewall rules set on that SSID.

Has anyone come across this before and how can I stop this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sweeks
Here to help

UPDATE

So I found that when this particular network was set up, the firewall properties were not programmed correctly.  The clients that had connected in the past then kept the old policies every time they connected, even after the policies were updated.

I went through and selected all clients associated to the network for the last month and assigned the normal policy and now they connect with the correct firewall attributes.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are they still connecting to the same said?

Is this a radius authenticated said?

They are connecting to SSID via WPA encryption.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To clarify, they are connecting using a pre shared key?

Are you using Systems Manager?

What happens if you reassign the policy you want? Does it stick then?

Yes, a preshared key.

I am not using System Manager.

I beleive the keep the policy if I manually assign it afterwards.  However this is not feasible, since clients roll through on a daily basis and I'm not able to assign them in real time.

KKT
New here

Yes! I have this problem as well and have had a Case open with Meraki support since February 2nd!  I am told "it is currently in the hands of the Engineering Team".  I have been able to narrow it down to Mac OS 10.11 and higher that are not using the policy we have applied to one of the SSID's.  

I work at a school so it is a somewhat controlled environment where I have to monitor and manually apply the policy in order to have it stick but it is a pain!

Sweeks
Here to help

UPDATE

So I found that when this particular network was set up, the firewall properties were not programmed correctly.  The clients that had connected in the past then kept the old policies every time they connected, even after the policies were updated.

I went through and selected all clients associated to the network for the last month and assigned the normal policy and now they connect with the correct firewall attributes.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels