Can't move MR to Another Network

SOLVED
TLO3346
Getting noticed

Can't move MR to Another Network

Hello,

I'm trying to move an MR from one network to another but when I try to move it in Access Points, the list of available networks doesn't show the network that I want to move it to. Not sure why it's not displaying but I already have the MR connected to the other network LAN and the network that I want to move it to is a combined network. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

1. Create a new network of type wireless from the Network menu
  2. In the View All Networks screen select the new network and the existing combined network as select combine from the top:
    cmr_0-1633625145751.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

Hi, 

Have you tried to remove it from its current network first?

Then, under the target network, go to Network Wide -> add devices. It should be listed here to add. 

Will this make the MR lose it's config settings?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@TLO3346 if you go to the new network in the dashboard does it have a wireless section?  Combined network don't necessarily have all components in them.

TLO3346
Getting noticed

@cmr It does not. I just assumed that it "creates" a wireless section when the first MR is added into it. How can I create this Wireless section before I move the MR?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

1. Create a new network of type wireless from the Network menu
  2. In the View All Networks screen select the new network and the existing combined network as select combine from the top:
    cmr_0-1633625145751.png

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That’s bitten me a couple of times @cmr 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
TLO3346
Getting noticed

@cmr It worked !!! Thank you for everyone's help. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels