Built-in Splash screen: Line under Logo confusing

Solved
DCrab
Here to help

Built-in Splash screen: Line under Logo confusing

When using the built-in splash screen, one line that cannot be modified is the first line under the logo.. In my case it says:    "Welcome to Mariners on Main - appliance"

The first part is fine.. the name of our network.. but the "- appliance" is just weird.. that would mean nothing to the user.. any way to delete this?  Not sure where the "appliance" name comes from.. I'm guessing the MX75 we have, but it is not the name I've given it.. 

Any way to mod this line a bit?

Dave

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

because you have a combined network you'll need to do option 2 ww mentioned. in a combined network there are hidden node group names appended to the networks: - appliance, -switch, -wireless, and so on.

so, make a copy of your splash page then edit the continue.html file in there. should be a super quick fix.

first create a new splash page and you can choose copy from your current "modern" page.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.04.29 AM.png

Next, click the continue.html file and then the edit tab. Find the line with WELCOME and type whatever you want between the <h1></h1> tags.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.05.25 AM.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thats your network name.

Go to network wide > general

To change that name

Other option is to make a copy of the splash page. Edit that one.

For example the auth.html

<h1>$MERAKI:WELCOME$ HEREYOURTEXT</h1>

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

because you have a combined network you'll need to do option 2 ww mentioned. in a combined network there are hidden node group names appended to the networks: - appliance, -switch, -wireless, and so on.

so, make a copy of your splash page then edit the continue.html file in there. should be a super quick fix.

first create a new splash page and you can choose copy from your current "modern" page.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.04.29 AM.png

Next, click the continue.html file and then the edit tab. Find the line with WELCOME and type whatever you want between the <h1></h1> tags.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.05.25 AM.png

Super!.. thanks for the detail!..and just what I want, I think.. I'll follow your example.. should fix it.

Dave

Edit:  Your help worked like a charm.. and gives me much more control over the look without having to create and host my own HTML page.  

DCrab
Here to help

yeah.. the "-appliance" is not part of the network name.. so that is what I want to change

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels