Ascom wireless IP Phones

SOLVED
francktls
Getting noticed

Ascom wireless IP Phones

Hello,

One of my colleagues is facing an issue with the wireless IP Phones on a customer site (hospital).

The model of these device is Ascom I62.

The issue is the IP phone enters in sleep mode he is not able to receive any call.

Is anybody already installed Meraki wireless infrastructure on which the customer uses these type of IP Phones ?

Is it working fine, if not how did you solved the problem ?

Many thanks,

Franck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @sthornburn ,

Finally we find out version  25.9 works fine with Ascom IP Phones.

We've asked for a downgrade to support in order to be ready for our customer's ToIP deployment over the clinical center.

And you're right, both vendors are working together to fix those issues and hope Meraki will release a new MR firmware version soon.

Many thanks

Franck.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Another item you might want to check on the phone.

3.5.3 Recommended Values
A low DTIM value will cause the handset to wake up and check for incoming data more
frequently. A normal value is a beacon Interval of 100 TUs and a DTIM of 5, which causes a
wake up approximately 2 times per second.
Note: The DTIM value should normally be set to 5. Values lower than 5 reduce the handset
sleep period and shorten the battery life.

http://www.ascomwireless.com/pdf/guide/vowifi/tg_vowifi_td92685en.pdf

francktls
Getting noticed

OK so as far as I understand, nothing wrong or probably misconfigured on Meraki devices.

Our cust should check its own Ascom devices or sollicitate directly their support ?

Many thanks,

Franck.

sthornburn
Conversationalist

Hi Franck,

I just thought I'd let you know that I have an open ticket with Meraki TAC with this very issue.

In short, there has been a issue discovered and it is now with their developers.

In the mean time our fix has been to ping the i62's every 10 seconds to keep them 'awake'. Not ideal, but until a new firmware is released this is mostly working.

cheers

Scott

Dear @sthornburn ,

Finally we find out version  25.9 works fine with Ascom IP Phones.

We've asked for a downgrade to support in order to be ready for our customer's ToIP deployment over the clinical center.

And you're right, both vendors are working together to fix those issues and hope Meraki will release a new MR firmware version soon.

Many thanks

Franck.

Hi Franck,

Can I ask if the downgrade to 25.9 worked for you? We are having similar issues with the very latest MR release.

Many Thanks

Matt

Dear @mattneeds ,

I confirm it worked fine with this downgrade to 25.9 version.

So with the latest stable version (26.6) you got the issue 😞

Many thanks,

Franck.

Hi Franck.

Thanks for your time and confirmation.

Have a great day. 

Matt

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels