Action needed, no internet using PSK (WPA2) login

Solved
vilmantasr
Here to help

Action needed, no internet using PSK (WPA2) login

Hello, with one SSID I always get requests in Windows 10, 11, Android, maybe Apple:  Action needed, no internet. Drivers, OS are latest. Problem only with this one SSID, settings are identical to others, so I don't understand why it always asks to open a web page to login.

20230516_083555.jpg2.png

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You are not using one of those "personal" VPNs by chance?

As a punt, try removing all the Content Categories and see if the issue goes away.  If it does, add half of them back and re-test.  Repeat until you narrow down which content category is causing the issue.

I am most suspicious of "DoH and DoT" and "DNS Tunneling", so I would try removing those first.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What happens when you click “Open browser ..”? And are your firewall rules for this SSID blocking something?

vilmantasr
Here to help

it opens http://www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect and OS shows, that internet is now connected. i think that is meraki firewall related, but which part is the question.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is providing DNS, and what is providing the Internet access?

After connecting Windows is trying to access www.msftconnecttest.com and failing - so something is breaking that initial connectivity, even if it works later.

Are you using any software based firewall on the machines other than Windows firewall?
Do you have any web or content filtering software anywhere?

Google DNS, only Meraki firewall.

maybe there is to much:

66.png

Actually, before you do anything, if you are not running stable firmware or better on your MX, upgrade to at least stable.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You are not using one of those "personal" VPNs by chance?

As a punt, try removing all the Content Categories and see if the issue goes away.  If it does, add half of them back and re-test.  Repeat until you narrow down which content category is causing the issue.

I am most suspicious of "DoH and DoT" and "DNS Tunneling", so I would try removing those first.

vilmantasr
Here to help

it seems that was the problem: I am most suspicious of "DoH and DoT" and "DNS Tunneling", so I would try removing those first.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels