Access Points Disconnecting Almost Like a Schedule

SOLVED
PhillipJFry
Here to help

Access Points Disconnecting Almost Like a Schedule

Hello all.  I am very new to Meraki and still learning my way around.  We have sever sites running different MR series access points and a lot of them are showing a disconnect that lasts about 3 minutes.  It almost looks like it is on a schedule.  I am not exactly sure what to start looking at.  We just recently did the 28.6.1 update, and this is when I noticed the disconnects.  Not sure if it was happening before or not.  I have ran the built in "cable test" on our meraki switches, and the cable test comes back just fine.  Any other ideas I could look at?  I have provided some screen shots below.  Thanks in advance!

MR762022-04-26 11_28_05-Window.png2022-04-26 11_28_48-Window.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhillipJFry
Here to help

Wanted to give an update.  After talking with support, some of our APs were having fw reboot issues.  It was all due to we were doing ssl decrypt on our upstream firewalls.  Once we put in the meraki IP block to not decrypt, all of our issues cleared up.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Jeizzen
Getting noticed

Was it disconnecting before 28.6.1

Have you looked in the event log

Are you MX, MX, MR ; all Meraki gear

IP / management vlan conflict  maybe ?

Do clients feel the disconnect

Was it disconnecting before 28.6.1

Not 100% sure on this one...

Have you looked in the event log

I dont see anything in the event logs of the AP.  On the Meraki SW, I do see port status/port STP change logs repetitively.

Are you MX, MX, MR ; all Meraki gear

All of our APs are MR series.  Switches range from ms210 ms250 or ms350s

IP / management vlan conflict  maybe ?

IPs are all statically set no IP conflicts.

Do clients feel the disconnect

I dont think so.  I have not heard any complaints at least.

I can see they're rebooting. You need to engage Support.

PhillipJFry
Here to help

Wanted to give an update.  After talking with support, some of our APs were having fw reboot issues.  It was all due to we were doing ssl decrypt on our upstream firewalls.  Once we put in the meraki IP block to not decrypt, all of our issues cleared up.

Jeizzen
Getting noticed

👍

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PhillipJFry  Thanks for letting us know the cause, I was beginning to suspect is was Benders evil twin. 

🙂  This time is was not Flexo.

GonzagueD
Conversationalist

We had a similar problem with APs on 28.6 , rolled back to 27.7.1 and it fixed the issue 

We stayed on 27.7.1 for the longest time due to similar issues.  With 28.6.1 and forward, just make sure you have 443 traffic to Meraki's IP block 209.206.48.0/20 and you should be good.

thanks Philipp, what is weird is that we do not filter outbound traffic ... 

Are you back on 28.6.1? 

I have it at a customer's and we have rebooting APs and so on >.< very frustrating 

Yeah we are back on 28.6.1.  Its been solid since configuring our firewall for the 443 traffic.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels