AP Client Count History

SOLVED
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

AP Client Count History

Can someone tell me how I can view the client count on an AP. It used to be so easy and now I can't find it.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yeah I just googled you and found your org 😉

It has this banner on the performance tab

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 4.02.20 PM.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Nothing has changed. From the AP summary page enable one of the client columns. Or, in any AP detail page the current clients show near the top. Clients over time show at the bottom of the page.

Your option 1 is 'currently connected' clients

Your option 2 is also current clients or total for the last 24 hours.

There used to be a way I could see how many clients connected over time. Like I could click an AP and check the RF tab and see that at 2pm there was a big meeting because say 80 clients connected to the AP, meeting ended at 3pm and the client count went back down to 10.  It was a graph/chart format. I can't find that anymore.

TwitterLinkedIn
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Performance tab? That was implemented a half year ago maybe. Don't recall exactly when.

This is what I see

1111.PNG

TwitterLinkedIn

I know it used to exist cause I would reference it from time to time, so I just assumed it was moved somewhere else but I'm at a loss as to where.

TwitterLinkedIn
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It's present on my network and every network I've checked. I'd say open a Support case and see if they explain why it's not visible for you.

I think I might know why. What firmware version are you running?

I have another site with 27.7.1 and I can see it there.

This site I have is 26.8.3 and its not showing, and its an MR32 so I can't go any higher.

I really hope someone up top didn't remove this and tie it to firmware versions. It's been around since forever, ugh.

TwitterLinkedIn
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yeah I just googled you and found your org 😉

It has this banner on the performance tab

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 4.02.20 PM.png

Crap  >.<

I'm sure I closed out that a banner a long time ago since I see them so often. Not sure if there is a place to reference those.

Anyhow, it looks like someone up top made an executive decision to take away features from the older models and only allow new models to have them. Deliberate or not, its lame. They are supposed to improve and enhance, not make it worse lol.

Oh well, mystery solved, nothing I can do about it.

Thanks for helping @Ryan_Miles 

TwitterLinkedIn
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Looks like this doc mentions it or at least sorta alludes to it. Time to get your Meraki team involved to upgrade the APs.

I don't spend much time with legacy APs anymore and didn't realize some of those graphs aren't available 😞

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels