how can I stop the PCs from jumping from one AP to another to avoid these disconnections

CARLOS11111
Comes here often

how can I stop the PCs from jumping from one AP to another to avoid these disconnections

I have a problem with the administrative PCs, the problem is that I made an ssid and when they connect to the ssid with the password they have internet and everything is perfect, but in the company they implemented a system called globalprotec whose policy is that if not When you register, it does not give you access to the Internet and every time you disconnect from the Internet, it asks you again for the user's credentials. The problem now with my Meraki equipment is that the PCs change APs since there are nearby APs for each area with the same SSD, and the PC makes AP jumps and in those jumps it disconnects for a moment and therefore the application Global disconnects them and they have to enter the credentials again, it is very annoying.

I'm looking for a solution, how can I stop the PCs from jumping from one AP to another to avoid these disconnections, how can I make a PC tie to a specific AP, what solution can you give me or help me with?

5 Replies 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using nat mode on that ssid?

If so, try bridge mode Or layer3 roaming

CARLOS11111
Comes here often

Use the Identity PSK without RADIUS.

CARLOS11111
Comes here often

I use Bridge mode: Make clients part of the LAN

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have and of the balancing features enabled, if so try turning them off, also can global protect not remember the client for a period?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Roaming is a client decision.  It seems a poorly designed system if it can not handle roaming.

Anyway, on most Windows WiFi drivers there is an option called something like "Roaming Aggressiveness".  Change that setting on the machine to make it roam less.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.