Fin de vida de la MR36

Solved
LopezJ
Here to help

Fin de vida de la MR36

Buenos días, 

Voy hacer una gran compra de la MR36 y me gustaría saber si con la llegada de la wifi 7 se le pondrá fin de vida a este modelo o si hay alguna previsión de que este modelo dure más allá del 2030. También me gustaría conocer si una vez terminado el fin de vida es posible continuar utilizando esa antena y se le puede asociar una licencia. 

¿Me podéis ayudar?

Un saludo y muchas gracias. 

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, all APs use the same license, from an old MR18 to the latest CW9166I and there are no known plans to change this 😎

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no End of Life announcement for the MR36, however for longest life I would go for the CW9162 as it is a Wi-Fi 6e model and therefore likely to be discontinued later than the MR36.

LopezJ
Here to help

And once the end of life of the antenna is over, is it possible to continue using it with the license?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Usually yes, but you will not get hardware replacements or new software updates, even though you’ll need to keep buying the license.  It also might stop working at any time, though we have some MR34s still working even though they went end of life 5 months ago.

LopezJ
Here to help

okay! and the CW9162 uses the same license as the MR36?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, all APs use the same license, from an old MR18 to the latest CW9166I and there are no known plans to change this 😎

LopezJ
Here to help

Thanks!! 😊

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.