Falla conexión MR con Server Radius Local

Eduardo_Varon
Here to help

Falla conexión MR con Server Radius Local

Estimados.

Actualmente tengo una falla entre mi solución Wlan y la conexión con server Radius local la cual no tengo repuesta del server hacia los ap, se valida conectividad ping y traza se evidencia conexión tanto de ap con radius como de radius a aps.

se migro la solución a otro radius y la falla persiste.

9 REPLIES 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked if there are any blocks for port 1812?

Are you using 802.1x or splash page authentication?
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Eduardo_Varon
Here to help

Have you checked if there are blockages for port 1812?
yes at server level there is no blocking neither on client fw's
Are you using 802.1x or splash page authentication?
yes I am using 802.1x

You can test the connection by placing a machine on the same network as the APs and using the NtRadping tool.

https://community.microfocus.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-wikis-components-files/00-00-00-01-7...

On the server logs did you see any requests or errors?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Eduardo_Varon
Here to help

thanks for the idea I will execute it and comment on results

Eduardo_Varon
Here to help

hello I attach screenshots where it is evident that the server does not respond, but in the meraki log I see communication but 802.11 authentication failure. log-21-03-2023.pnglog2-21-03-2023.png

Well, It's look like your firewall is blocking the communication, or the internal firewall on your server. Are you using Microsoft NPS ou Freeradius?

Eduardo_Varon
Here to help

Hello, using Microsoft NPS, in firewall we do not see any communication blocking.

Eduardo_Varon
Here to help

hi I share with you
apparently the authentication process is having a problem with TLS between the local radius server and the active directory.

Have you created the server certificate? It's necessary for 802.1x.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Configuring_RADIUS_Authentication_...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.