topologie not reflecting reality

SOLVED
Philippe
Conversationalist

topologie not reflecting reality

Hi all,

We are using a complete Meraki network (firwall and switches). On one switche, we added a cisco switch. This cisco switch is not showing up in the topology.

Even the ports on that switch are showing several different devices on the same port or showing the wrong portnumbers.

Can anyone give me some information how this issue can be solved? Are there some people who has similar problems?

Best regards,

Philippe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ok thnx for the advice to all

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dashboard_DJ
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Philippe. The topology page is populated using LLDP and CDP inputs received on Meraki switches. 

If you're not seeing the catalyst switch, I'd first double-check that CDP is enabled on it's connected interface. If it is, it might be worth giving Meraki Support a call to see if they have any additional compatibility insight.

Hi Dashboard_DJ ,

The switch I have connected to the last Meraki switch is an unmanaged SG100-24 switch from Cisco. I cannot do some configuration on it.

How can this be solved?

Best regards,

Philippe

Adam
Kind of a big deal

I'm not sure that the SG100 series support CDP/LLDP.  So they probably won't show up on the diagram.   I like the Meraki generated diagram for a quick look but we still heavily label our ports and maintain our own diagram.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I agree with @Adam, you are not going to see "dumb" devices show up in the topology diagram.

ok thnx for the advice to all

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels