not able to reach devices on the network.

Solved
HeddenSC2
Comes here often

not able to reach devices on the network.

I have a MS120 as a lone switch in a small environment.  I have created three interfaces.  vlans 7, 11, and 150 were created.  vlan 7 is set to not respond to dhcp requests.  vlans 11 and 150 are set to relay to another dhcp server.  I have confirmed that vlan 150 is pullling an IP address in from that server.  The problem is that I can't reach that device eventhough it has an IP address in the vlan.  Upon researching the issue, I see the following message.  "This switch only supports interfaces for DHCP relay and IGMP snooping querier functionalities."  Do I need to have a layer 3 switch to accommodate the routing as I see no routes in the MS120?  If so, I may need to replace it with a MS225.

Thank you,

Tom Hedden

SC2

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MS120 does not have Layer 3 functionality, so yes you need a Layer 3 switch to be able to route between VLANs.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MS120 does not have Layer 3 functionality, so yes you need a Layer 3 switch to be able to route between VLANs.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels