Voip Vlan QOS

watdee
Getting noticed

Voip Vlan QOS

I have a Poly CCX 500 MS Teams phone.  I've added a voip vlan to my access port and it's working good but now I want to add QOS to that vlan.  Haven't worked with qos before so this is new to me.

Why in the example here do they choose only UDP and DSCP 26?  Why not Any protocol and 46 (voice)? https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Port_and_VLAN_Configuration/Configuring_the_MS_Access_Switch_for...

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not sure why in that example.  AF31 is usually use for more transnational style traffic.

Most phones can already DSCP mark their traffic.  You don't usually need to remark the traffic from a phone.

wvmtneer
Here to help

I am currently working on the same phones, Poly CCX, and Microsoft Teams.  The Poly CCX firmware released recently, version 1.0.1.0054, will make the Poly CCX (400, 500, and 600) honor the port configurations you set in the Teams Admin Center under Meetings, Meeting Settings, in the Network section.  The suggested setting is TCP/UDP ports 50000 - 50019 for Audio, 50020 - 50039 for Video, and 50040 - 50059 for Screen Sharing.  

Using the packet capture feature, we saw voice traffic from the CCX using the configured ports for Audio but not automatically adding DSCP value.  If you can use source ports in your Quality of Service settings on the switch, you can then set a rule to mark TCP and a rule for UDP for the selected ports with the appropriate value.

Microsoft's document for setting up QoS in Teams was updated recently, 8/6/2020.  It explains configuring the ports and recommendations to insert DSCP markers.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/microsoftteams/qos-in-teams?WT.mc_id=TeamsAdminCenterCSH

Good luck

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels