Switch names "grayed" out when trying to clone a switch in the Meraki Dashboard

bbeers
New here

Switch names "grayed" out when trying to clone a switch in the Meraki Dashboard

So...first off, very new to Meraki and Meraki Dashboard.  Googling didn't produce any results on this.

Situation:

Needing to replace a 2 switch switch stack at another location.  I have the new switches claimed, licensed, and built into a switch stack in the Meraki dashboard.  I'm wanting to copy the configs from each switch to its new respective switch.  When I try to do this through the Meraki "clone" tool the switches that I want to copy the configs from are "grayed" out and I'm unable to select them.  Again, Google didn't provide any results on this besides how to clone the switches.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!!

1 Reply 1
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Are the switches the same model? In most instances they need to be to be able to clone them, https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Other_Topics/Switch_Cloning. 

If they’re not the same then it’s a manual process through the Dashboard (remember you can bulk configure multiple ports in Meraki, so it can be quite quick), or if you have done any scripting then you can use the API to copy most of the configuration across. There are a number of scripts on GitHub for copying port configurations.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels