Switch Upgrade

Allen2600
New here

Switch Upgrade

We have a small location with a single MS250 24 port switch and provides the layer 3 routing and DHCP for the location. The switch is going to be replaced by a MS250 48P switch and since they are different port density the clone would not work is my understanding. What would be the best way to setup the new switch to replace the current switch? The replacement switch is added to the network via the portal but has not connected to the portal since it is not a the location at this time. Is there documentation on a process to change out the switch and move the layer 3 routing without a rebuild of all routing?

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Any chance you could get another 24 port switch and stack them together?  Then all the config would be kept.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Allen2600  As long as the switch is loaded into the dashboard you can configure it regardless of it the switch is online or not, it will simply update its config when its powered on. Thats the beauty of Meraki!!!

When I order Meraki gear I usually have my configurations set before the equipment is even in the country.

That is the case for MX and MR.  But adding a switch does not copying the port config from another switch in the network

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels