Switch Port Auto Negotiation Issue

Ketan_MIL
Here to help

Switch Port Auto Negotiation Issue

we have MS335-24 in which no of MR56 APs were Connected.

Ports were sometimes Disconnected and Connected back. 

As i have Check in Event Log sowing. Port Status Changes and STP Status Changes.

So, kindly provide appropriate solution for the stable connectivity.

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked the physical part yet? Like cabling for example.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes I have Checked the Cable test, all pairs are ok and cable length is 63.5 Meter.

Any other suggestion to resolve the issue.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have had to fix the port speed on some of our MS355s where they connect to servers or APs with 1Gb or higher speeds.  In particular CW9166 APs for us where we've had to fix at either 2.5Gb or 5Gb to avoid port speed wandering.

I have also tried with Fix Port Speed 5GB for the MR56 AP. But no luck.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the whole link (patch leads plus structured) Cat6 or better and ideally shielded?  We have found shielded Cat6 or Cat6a is a minimum for stable multi gig with PoE if the length is more than a few metres.

we were using Cat 6a for the APs Connectivity.

I suggest you open a support case, the Meraki team will assist you better.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is not clear to be from your description what the problem is.

What are the MR56s doing that you don't want?  Are you saying they are rebooting?

Issue is Switch port continuously showing Port Status and Spanning Tree Status changes on which my MR56 AP where Connected.

Rebooting the AP.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels