Switch Depth mounting issues

SOLVED
Bossnine
Building a reputation

Switch Depth mounting issues

I did a search and didn't find the exact problem (although all were caused by the same issue).  The Meraki switches are beautiful, what with those fancy built in ears that are no adjustable.  Many of our data closets are old random rooms being  most of our schools are  not new construction and that is causing concern when we migrate to Meraki hardware.  The Cisco switch can adjust to stick out more in a tight space, many of which can not be changed without replacing the entire rack.  Is there anything on market to help with the depth of a Meraki switch?  A spacer of some kind?  For now I've been putting rack shelves in to support the switch, or in one case I simply used Meraki AP boxes to separate the switches being installed.

Its tacky, I dont like it....................

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Would these help you (MA-MNT-MID-1):

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Installation_Guides/MS_Mid-Mount_Mounting_Brackets

I believe they're also compatible with at least the MS225 switches, even though that page doesn't mention them.

Bossnine
Building a reputation

Actually yea, that might.   Surprising our rep didn't mention these..........

Thanks, I'm going to check on this.

Bossnine
Building a reputation

Well foiled again, was hoping the article was wrong on the models supported; however, seems those mounting locations are not on the MS350s.

That's unfortunate. I think the MS390 will offer more flexible brackets like the traditional Cisco line. But that doesn't help you either I suppose?

Bossnine
Building a reputation

Not immediately, although I am actually excited for that in the future.

Looks like my idea of rack shelves is my answer for these locations.

Bossnine
Building a reputation

Those look promising, I may order a set and see how well they work.

Thanks for the info.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels