Stacked C9300X switches

Solved
Mabouzid
Here to help

Stacked C9300X switches

i have 2*C9300X-12Y-M Meraki Catalys switches ,  one of them connected to firewall & online at the portal 

is it reuire to connect the other switch to internet source or just will be onlie though connecting the stack cable with the other managed  switch

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the stack has formed then only one switch needs to be connected, if they haven't completed the stacking process yet, both need to be connected.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would recommend bringing them online individually first, ensure they have been upgraded, and then stack them.

Expect the first time boot, coming online in the dashboard and firmware upgrade to take the better part of 20-30 minutes.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

yes the both switches already upgraded to same firmware , i asked if only one switch online enough to other switch to discover at the stack , or it must both switches  be online 

thanks

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the stack has formed then only one switch needs to be connected, if they haven't completed the stacking process yet, both need to be connected.

ok thanks

i think also that you need to connect  both switches to be online even after the stack  to avoid failure senario for the connected one

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is common good practice to have two switches per stack connected, if the upstream device is an MX, only one will transmit at once, but it does provide failover.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels