cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed / Duplex on MS350

New here

Speed / Duplex on MS350

We have come across an issue with key encoders that require a forced setting of 10/Half to operate. The MS350 product  does not have an option of half duplex. Setting the port to 10(auto) will not work either since it will not negotiate half duplex. 

5 REPLIES 5
Kind of a big deal ww
Kind of a big deal

Re: Speed / Duplex on MS350

yes that is what the spec datasheet says. so you bought the wrong product. maybe you can buy a small (8 port?) switch and connect that for the half duplex clients

New here

No we didnt buy the wrong product, we buy switches to support larger sites. We are already adding an additional 8 port switch to support the encoders. I was just curious if anyone new a way around the port setting.
Building a reputation

Is there a dongle you can buy that that will reduce the speed before it hits the switch?

Kind of a big deal

I'm going to guess that it's a chipset limitation, it seems like a lot of effort to just disable that in software otherwise. So unfortunately I doubt it can be made available.

Highlighted
Getting noticed

The MS250s support half duplex, I have a couple of large room type audio devices that run 10/half.

The switching capacity is the same between the MS250 and MS350:  176Gbps.  However, the MS350 has double the stacking bandwidth.

https://meraki.cisco.com/products/switches/ms250-48#compare

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.