Setting IP address on MS350 Switchport

Solved
mramj4
New here

Setting IP address on MS350 Switchport

I'm replacing a Catalyst 3850 L3 switch with Meraki MS350-24P L3 switch.  Two of the ports on the 3850 are set up with 'no switchport' commands so I can assign IP addresses to them.

I don't see that as an option for the MS350.  I can configure ports either as a trunk or as access.  So, I'm not sure how to go about setting up these ports.  The two IP addresses on the 3850 are actually our primary and secondary Internet circuit, so they are set up as 'no switchport' on the 3850s b/c of that.

Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki switches don't support routed ports (Ie. "No Switchport")
Instead, you can pick a new VLAN number used purely for transit between the MS and the internet circuit and create an L3 interface for this VLAN on the MS350.

Then configure the port connecting to the internet circuit as an access port in that VLAN.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No, it's not possible configure an IP on a physical port.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki switches don't support routed ports (Ie. "No Switchport")
Instead, you can pick a new VLAN number used purely for transit between the MS and the internet circuit and create an L3 interface for this VLAN on the MS350.

Then configure the port connecting to the internet circuit as an access port in that VLAN.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

^^What he said^^ - this will work.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels