SNMP v3 Authentication and privacy parameters missing

rsage_voda
Getting noticed

SNMP v3 Authentication and privacy parameters missing

I have 6 MS-250 switches in two stacks of 3. My monitoring still uses SNMPv3 - network is configured for SNMPv3 username and password match my monitoring system. I have tried re-adding the credentials to the dashboard no change. 

I then ran a packet capture on the switch up link for port 161 and I can two traffic. Interestingly the response from the switch in the pcap report authentication and privacy parameters "Missing"

From the switch to monitoring system packet. It has the correct username as configured on the dashboard. 

rsage_voda_0-1727903484550.png

But when I poll from my monitoring system SNMP Discovery fails. 

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/SNMP_Overview_and_C...

"When using v3, Cisco Meraki devices will use SHA1 for authentication and DES for privacy, with the configured password used for both."

rsage_voda
Getting noticed

Checked that. Have removed and reset the SNMP configuration. The Meraki devices are not setting the Encrypted and Authenticating Flags

rsage_voda_0-1727943977074.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is starting to sound like a bug.  Are you running a current stable firmware or better?

rsage_voda
Getting noticed

Yes we are running 16.8. I have raised a case with Meraki. It was working up till yesterday morning then all six switches stopped responding to SNMP polling resulting in all 6 switches alarming in our monitoring tool

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels