SFP-10GB-T Compatibility with MS390-48P switch

DayanandPatil
Comes here often

SFP-10GB-T Compatibility with MS390-48P switch

HI All,

I am looking for SFP 10G Copper module for MS390 series switch. since Meraki is having 10G copper module can SFP-10GB-T modules works?

Please let me know if anyone tested.

Regards,

Dayanand

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is nothing on the documentation, so I don't think so.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Small-Form_Factor_Plu...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DayanandPatil it won't be supported, but and Cisco compatible 10G-base-T adapter should work.  We have used them in Catalyst 3850s and I can try one in a 9300 if your like?  We use FS, but others should also work.  I'd avoid Prolabs as I have had issues with their transceivers.  The transceiver usually pretends to be a multimode short range optic as far as the switch can see.

DayanandPatil
Comes here often

Ok. Thank you!! will waiting for your next update on compatibility

mhab12
New here

I would like to know this as well.  Looking to add copper SFPs to our MS390 and noticed the MA-SFP-1GB-TX shows that it is not compatible.  Thanks.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can check the compatibility here 

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Small-Form_Factor_Plu...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels